Re: query plan ignoring check constraints

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query plan ignoring check constraints
Date: 2005-06-21 03:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

> Any discussions at the level of changing infomask bits definitely belong
> on -hackers. Do not be too surprised if you get an unfriendly reception
> when you post low-level changes to -patches that were never previously
> discussed on -hackers ...

Oh, I'm not expecting this to make it into 8.1 (Simon may feel different but
I'll leave those explanations to him). That's part of the reason we're
doing some of this work on -bizgres; I know from experience the difficulty of
discussing anything which doesn't have to do with a release after feature
freeze.

The other main reason for the -bizgres list is to solicit opinions from people
(such as the Mondrian team) who would not subscribe to -hackers.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions