Re: 2 articles

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Andy Astor <andya(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2 articles
Date: 2005-06-07 16:13:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert, Chris,

> I think the article was accurate (well on this point anyway)... most
> developers were, and still are, unaware of EnterpriseDB's interaction with
> the community, so it seems pretty natural to me you wouldn't have
> remembered much about them.

Pretty much. It's normal for a pre-launch company to contact a couple of key
Core members but insist on secrecy until they're public. In the US, it's
the law (SOX). The only companies who have launched PostgreSQL-related
offerings in the last 3 years which have been a surprise were Metapa and
Netezza (and both companies have friendly relationships with us now, alougth
only Metapa/GreenPlum has contributed to date).

Obviously, though, I should have followed up here with commentary about
EnterpriseDB after they launched. Sorry, I've been pulled in a lot of
different directions lately.

I did contact Lisa Vaas and fill her in.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions