Re: Exec statement logging

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exec statement logging
Date: 2005-05-16 04:21:58
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 10:48:47PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> Somebody out there is too modest to point out how often it is that I
> only dot the "I"s they have left for me...

Funny you mention it. Remember that shared row locking project of mine
-- guess what. The idea comes from Bruce (his phantom Xids, remember
those?) The infrastructure comes from Tom (who coded our current
pg_clog mechanism) and Manfred Koizar (who abstracted it in a nice way.)

Only thing I did was add some bugs on top of it all. Tom then corrected
them all -- and hurray, we have a new feature!

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"This is a foot just waiting to be shot" (Andrew Dunstan)