Re: pgFoundry

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry
Date: 2005-05-07 14:27:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Greg Stark wrote:

> But "tracking the status" of sub-projects is just not the kind of thing
> free software people do. They send emails when they have something to
> say.

in defence of Joshua's idea, there are some "large projects" within our
development that would be nice to see some sort of 'time lines' for, but
mainly those are the sorts of things that have set milestones to look for
... I believe that Simon's work on the PITR stuff might fall under that,
where he had various 'stages' he was working towards ...

But, I think that the # of "sub projects" that this would apply to is so
few that setting anything up more formally then Simon sending out an
updated patch would be more work then the derived benefit ...

----