Re: Can't compile plphp

From: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
To: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't compile plphp
Date: 2005-05-01 23:29:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2 May 2005 06:05 am, CSN wrote:
> I'm following the directions here:
> http://plphp.commandprompt.com/documentation.html
>
> (Note that they differ from the directions included in
> plphp-7.4.x.tar.bz2, which I've also tried.)
>
> Using Postgres 7.4.7 and PHP 5.0.4. When I do this:

The new version of plphp doesn't not operate on 7.4 or any of the 7.x series.
It only works for 8.0 and above.

> 7. Build and install your plphp.so library.
> cd src/pl/plphp
> make && make install
>
> I get this error:
> cp @php_path@/main/php.h ./
> cp: cannot stat `(at)php_path@/main/php.h': No such file
> or directory
> make: *** [patch] Error 1
>
> Know what the problem is?

You need to set those variables in the makefile manually. There is currently not configure setup to make
them correct for you. If you read the plphp mailing list, I have made a post about how to compile the new version.
It includes my sample makefile, and the steps I went through.

Regards

Russell Smith