detaching triggers

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: detaching triggers
Date: 2005-03-27 15:41:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi folks,

is it somehow possible to detach trigger, so the calling transaction
can return immediately, even before the trigger function has
returned.

I've got to do some quite complex things which may need some time,
when some clients fill in some data, but the results are quite
uninteresting to these clients - its important that the client's
query is finished as fast as possible.

The only solution I currently know is to fill somethings in a queue
table by rule and have an external daemon looking at it every second.
But this doesnt seem very optimal for me.

Any better idea out these ?

thx
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service

phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact(at)metux(dot)de
cellphone: +49 174 7066481