Re: pgsql.so

From: Gordon Haverland <ghaverla(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Cima <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql.so
Date: 2005-03-23 13:42:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 01:08, Cima wrote:
> i need the pgsql.so file and i cant find it in my installer
> folder no the installed folder. is there a site where i can
> download it. im using mandrake 10 and postgresql 8.0.1 with php
> 4, just in case.

Do you have the locate command available?
fred(at)bedrock:~$ which locate
/usr/bin/locate
If so, you can ask the locate command if that file is one your
system.
fred(at)bedrock:~$ locate pgsql.so
On my Debian/unstable machine, I get two hits to that question:
/usr/lib/postgresql/lib/plpgsql.so
/usr/lib/php4/20020429-zts/pgsql.so
I would guess that it is the second file you are looking for,
which seems to indicate that it is part of some PHP4 package. If
I search for pgsql.so for what package it is in at Debian, I find
it is in the php4-pgsql package. I would expect that Mandrake
has a similarly named package.

Gord