Command prompt window (8.0)

From: Vernon <vwu725(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Command prompt window (8.0)
Date: 2005-03-23 01:05:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Just installed the 8.0 version for Windows. As a Unix
guy, I would like to do things through the command
prompt. I have trouble to bring up it. After bringing
up the "psql to template1" as the same user of the
installation configuration, it disappears right after
I type in the password, which is the same outcome with
a different user.

How to bring up the command prompt correctly?

Thanks,

Vernon