Re: Types of OSS Projects, review requested

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Types of OSS Projects, review requested
Date: 2005-03-14 17:11:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Monday 14 March 2005 11:59, you wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > 1. You might want to add in that some monarchist style projects are also
> > refer to as "benevolent dictatorships" since monarchist tends to have a
> > more negative image associated with it.
>
> Really? I picked the word "Monarchist" because it was the most neutral
> term in English I could come up with. The other possibilites:
> "Dictatorship", "High Priest", "Aristocracy" all had much more negative
> associations.
>
> What do other people think about this.

Looks like I futzed up the cc to advocacy again... hey all , what do folks
think about this? I just can't think of any monarchy that people think
highly of (maybe monaco) but also monarchy seems to imply that control stays
within the family... with a dictatorship the torch can be passed to a
favorable replacement... anyone have a better wording?

--
Robert Treat