Re: [Fwd: Brussels 2005-02-17: Software Patents Showdown]

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Brussels 2005-02-17: Software Patents Showdown]
Date: 2005-02-15 13:53:05
Lists: pgsql-www

Actually I think the bigger problem is that we now have 8.0.1 out and yet
looking at the main page you would have no idea that such a thing exists. We
should probably change the message to mention the new revision level releases
since we don't seem to be making any progress on a scheme to show the most
current versions on the front page.

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 23:10, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I think it is too early to remove the 8.0 announcement.

> Justin Clift wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Are we ok to put something about the approaching patent problem on the
> > website for a while again (as mentioned in the message below)?
> >
> > I'm thinking we could use this for our first test of replacing the main
> > message, as PG 8 has been out for about a month now.
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >
> > Justin Clift

<snip>
--