VACCUM FULL ANALYZE PROBLEM

From: "Michael Ryan S(dot) Puncia" <mpuncia(at)census(dot)gov(dot)ph>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VACCUM FULL ANALYZE PROBLEM
Date: 2005-02-15 01:34:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I have 3 tables in the database with 80G of data, one of them is almost 40G
and the remaining 2 tables has 20G each.

We use this database mainly for query and updating is done only quarterly
and the database perform well. My problem

is after updating and then run VACCUM FULL ANALYZE vacuuming the tables
takes days to complete. I hope someone

can help me solve my problem.

Thanks