Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: maillist(at)shauny(dot)de, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site
Date: 2005-01-22 22:40:54
Lists: pgsql-www

On January 22, 2005 05:27 pm, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

ah, and that's the difference. One may think of looking of docs while another
will want to look at mail archives. People know enough to go to the site but
not understand there's a difference in search.

Let's test and find out what approach is the most popular. Design the front
page search to explicitly explain and favor a particular approach and then
track what happens.