Re: Firebird, MySQL rules according to Evans

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)www(dot)commandprompt(dot)com>, Kaare Rasmussen <kar(at)webline(dot)dk>
Subject: Re: Firebird, MySQL rules according to Evans
Date: 2005-01-21 17:13:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Guys,

> Found a follow up article which notes that 90% of the respondents used
> windows. Given that postgresql garnered 14% of the "market", that would
> mean that we got even 4% of windows users which imo is pretty good for
> pre-8.0 postgresql.

FWIW, I am an Evans survey-ee. I'm more than a little puzzled by the
article, as I don't recall having even seen FireBird as an option on any
survey I've seen recently. I'm sure Firebird has gotten write-ins, but 50%?

I wonder if they're getting the browser and the database mixed up?

Still, this is good news for the FireBird folks, they need the news coverage.
Way to go!

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions