Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Daniel Ceregatti <daniel(at)omnis(dot)com>
Subject: Error in 8.0 rc5 with repeat calls to array operator
Date: 2005-01-17 00:56:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Developers,

I'm finding an issue I thought was fixed with RC2, which is affecting my
ability to use arrays in RC5:

The following comparison works fine normally:
template1=# select '{}'::INT[] = '{}'::INT[];
?column?
----------
(1 row)

However, we're found that if you run thousands of empty array comparisons in a
few seconds/minutes, eventually the empty array comparison breaks, and you
get:
ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 0

Thereafter, *any* attempt to compare arrays gets:
dm=# select '{}'::INT[] = '{}'::INT[];
ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 0

I'm working on a repeatable test case and seeing whether vacuum and/or restart
affects this, but since we're 24 hours from wrap, I thought I should raise
this issue ASAP.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus