Need theory/comprehension help on Multi-Column indexes

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need theory/comprehension help on Multi-Column indexes
Date: 2005-01-04 19:21:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

I've been poking around the indexing code, and I really don't understand the
page structure and splittng/branching for multi-column BTree indexes. I've
looked in a couple DB textbooks to get a theoretically underpinning of the
structure of multi-column indexes, but none of the ones I've seen cover them.
Can someone help me out?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus