Re: valid using INITIALLY DEFERRED

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: valid using INITIALLY DEFERRED
Date: 2004-12-22 16:32:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 04:17:29PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> I try INITIALLY DEFERRED clause. In doc is relation between general
> constraint and this clause. But combination with CHECK clause ends with
> err message misplaced INITIALLY DEFERRED clause.

The CREATE TABLE documentation for INITIALLY DEFERRED says, "If a
constraint is deferrable, this clause specifies the default time
to check the constraint." Just above that, the documentation for
DEFERRABLE says, "Only foreign key constraints currently accept
this clause. All other constraint types are not deferrable."

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/