Need help to organize database

From: "Vladimir S(dot) Petukhov" <vladimir(at)sycore(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help to organize database
Date: 2004-12-20 12:13:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
Sorry for my English..

I need to organize database structure for saving statistic data for objects. I
have about 24 * 31 * 4 fields (4 month, 31 days, 24 hours) of data for one
object. Each field contain 8 numbers (N in general). So:
object1 -> data -> field1, field2,...
object2 -> data -> field1, field2,...
How can I store this data in postgres database?

For example it may be 24 * 31 * 4 * 8 fields and 1 row per object in table -
but it is not good idea, of course.

Or may be 8 fields and 24 * 31 * 4 rows per object in table, but table looked
very big...

Or may be it's not good idea to use postgres for this purpose?

--
The more we disagree, the more chance there is that at least one of us is
right.