Re: can't set sequence

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Keith Worthington <KeithW(at)NarrowPathInc(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: can't set sequence
Date: 2004-12-12 03:22:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:09:10PM -0500, Keith Worthington wrote:

> Exactly what I needed. Thank you. I didn't realize that a sequence
> carried a set of permissions separate from that of the column/table to
> which it was attached.

Yep. Here's a thread I started a couple of months ago proposing
that table permissions cascade to their implicit sequences:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-10/msg00511.php

Tom Lane raised some implementation concerns:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-10/msg00554.php

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/