PREPARED STATEMENT

From: NosyMan <nosyman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PREPARED STATEMENT
Date: 2004-12-11 12:47:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,

I want to know that is a posibillity to test if a statement is prepared in
PL/PgSQL.

I have create a function:
PREPARE PSTAT_SAVE_record(INTEGER, INTEGER, DATE, VARCHAR) AS INSERT INTO
table VALUES($1, $2, $3, $4);

When I try to execute it second time I got an error: prepared statement
'PSTAT_SAVE_record' already exists. How can I avoid this error? is there a
posibillity to test if a statement was prepared before?

Thanks,
Nosy