question about timeout attributes

From: joy chen <chenjoy_us(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: question about timeout attributes
Date: 2004-12-10 18:06:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi there,

I am playing out these timeout attributes:
SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT. Basically I set the connection
timeout to 1 sec after a connection is made and query
timeout to 1 sec after a statement handle is
allocated. And then I did the following:

1. lock a table (say dummy) manually in exclusive

2. run my program which try to query this dummy table
using the odbc interface with the same statement
handle above.

To my understanding, if these timeout features are
supported correctly. My query should timeout after 1
sec. But in my test, the query just waits there

My question is therefore whether these timeout
attributes are supported by the postgresql odbc driver
at all or there is a problem in my test.

Any suggestions or recommendations are highly

Thank you

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Scot LoachDate: 2004-12-12 16:43:27