Re: ODBC Rewrite

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com
Cc: Shachar Shemesh <psql(at)shemesh(dot)biz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Rewrite
Date: 2004-12-08 03:24:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc
* markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com (markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com) wrote:
> This is why I suggested either creating a new low level API library on
> which the linkes of ODBC, libpq, and I guess an OLE DB driver would be
> built, or perform an amount of surgery the existing libpq and isolate and
> expose various operations to a normalized API strategy.

Again, it'd probably be better to add the necessary API to libpq so
everyone can benefit from it than to give access to low-level libpq
function externally and have all that code in the ODBC driver which it
wouldn't be available for anyone else...

Also, again I contend that there'd really be much 'surgery' required to
extend the current libpq API to meet the requirements of, at least, the
ODBC driver.

	Stephen