Re: Displaying more than six digits from a real number

From: Clodoaldo Pinto <clodoaldo_pinto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Displaying more than six digits from a real number
Date: 2004-12-02 09:53:58
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu:
> Clodoaldo Pinto <clodoaldo_pinto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> > The 7.4.2 manual says the precision of a real number is 6 decimal digits.
> > Is it possible to force the display of more than six decimal digits of a
> > real number
>
> Perhaps the extra_float_digits runtime parameter is what you want?
> (You are of course aware that there aren't really more than six
> useful digits there... or if you're not, maybe you should stay away
> from float and use numeric.)

That is exactly what I wanted. Yes, I'm aware. But I wonder how is the 7th
digit right? At least with the few tests I did it was never wrong.

I will have to change that column to float8 but for now it is good enough.

Thanks

--- Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> escreveu:

> I think you can use the extra_float_digits GUC variable to do what you want.

Regards,
Clodoaldo Pinto

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/