Unable to run PostgreSQL 8 beta 3 on Windows XP Home

From: "Ganesh and Sashi Prasad" <sashi(at)easy(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to run PostgreSQL 8 beta 3 on Windows XP Home
Date: 2004-11-10 12:18:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I downloaded PostgreSQL 8 beta 3 for my PC running Windows XP Home. Before
installing PostgreSQL, I first created a normal user called "postgres" with no
administrator privileges. Then, when setting up the software, I specified this
user to run under.

Unfortunately, I could never run postmaster even as "postgres" because it was
failing to find "postgres" under "Power Users". I have no Power Users on my
PC, only Administrator and Normal users.

Please ignore this bug report if the problem has already been fixed.

Regards,
Ganesh Prasad