Re: Final Copy Edit: Press Release, Page

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Final Copy Edit: Press Release, Page
Date: 2004-11-09 16:22:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:23:57PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to have one or two people look over the PR stuff one last time now
> that it's all together. Here's what I'm wanting:

Other people already caught the typos I saw. I find this pretty
strange, though: "PostgreSQL is the collective work of hundreds of
developers, building on almost twenty years of development dating
back to the University of California at Berkeley."

UC Berkeley is not a date, so nothing could date back to it. I'd
suggest "almost twenty years of development, which started at the
University of California at Berkeley" or something like that. It's
still awkward, though. Anyone got something better?

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do sir?
--attr. John Maynard Keynes