Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Gary L(dot) Burnore" <gburnore(at)databasix(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFD: comp.databases.postgresql.general
Date: 2004-11-08 20:51:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Gary L. Burnore wrote:

> It receives those posted to USENet just as it would any other group.
> That's why those gated don't make it to databasix.com for days after
> they're actually posted. So each appears twice. Once as the original
> USENet post and once as a post forwarded by you.

'k, then I do have something mis-configured, as I thought I had originally
configured it to honor MSG-IDs in both directions as well ... will look
into this ...

> If all the groups were set to moderated and sent on to you instead of
> being immediately posted, that part of the probem would go away.

Note that I have no problem with it being set as moderated, but the
'moderator address' would be the list itself (ie.
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org) ... of course, that still doesn't fix the
case where someone on the lists themselves will go through fast, while
someone not subscribe will get held up ... so, from my perspective, there
are no changes *shrug*

----