Re: Inadequate hosting for www.postgresql.org

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inadequate hosting for www.postgresql.org
Date: 2004-11-03 18:01:17
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> The problem is not the hardware from what Marc & I can tell - the
>> current hardware (a dual PIII with 4GB) is just ticking along with
>> little load, and the current website performs quite nicely. What we seem
>> to have is a php performance issue that we haven't tracked down yet
>> which only noticably affects the beta site.
>
> Have you considered using a PHP optimizer such as Tucker?

I've tried using truck-mmcache, if that is what you mean ... it made no
noticeable difference from what I could tell ... and, after starting to
play wtih the current site, it doesn't look like a 'processing' issue ...
I'm going to work this afternoon on building a 'static apache/php' server
... I don't know how apache is forking its children, but the way that the
FreeBSD ports went with PHP, I'm wondering if the problem is application
files :(

----