Re: Which platfform do you recommend?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which platfform do you recommend?
Date: 2004-10-15 16:33:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:38:45AM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> For Linux, ext3 seems better, but under some circumstances ext2 could run
> more stable. Check pgsql-perform list archives for more discussions on
> filesystems on Linux.

Some time ago, Chris Browne posted some test results he did. It
turned out that jfs beat xfs, and that either of them completely
trounced both reiser and ext3. In particular, ext3 was just plain
slow. We won't consider ext2 because it's too dangerous in case of
crash.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland