Re: plperl features

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Sergej Sergeev <sergej(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl features
Date: 2004-10-11 18:59:01
Lists: pgsql-patches

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> We expected this to a degree of course, but if we can get some of
> them in, it would be nice for the community
> who wants to use plPerl.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be that nice for the community that
respects a good freeze. As you know, there will always be one more
feature.

Considering that we're already a long time into the beta phase, and
we're still working out portability issues especially in the various
plug-ins, we really ought to be strict about the freeze in that area if
we ever want to get finished.

--
Peter Eisentraut