Download field in a column

From: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Download field in a column
Date: 2004-10-11 19:27:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear Group,
I have a table that stores the description of an
experiment, date and person details who performed the
experiment.
In the last column I want to give the directory where
the files from these experiments are stored.

My questions:

1. Once a user queries this table from a command-line
(using sql commands). How can he get the data to
download?

I want my user to be able to download that data.

Is something possible from
SELECT statements or do I have to do something. Can
any one help me with should I do.

Thank you.

Kumar.