Re: Presenting PostgreSQLFr.org and its future

From: Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jean-paul(at)argudo(dot)org>
To: Ewald Geschwinde <eg(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Presenting PostgreSQLFr.org and its future
Date: 2004-10-11 13:39:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> If something like a non-profit organisation is planned in Europe I'm glad
> to help. I was in the past thinking of such an organisation but due to
> lack of time, nothing was done.

Thats where most of us are :-(

Thats why in my previous mail (reply to Josh), I tell it is difficult to such
things to be done, because I already know I can't do it alone. And, at the
moment, we are a bit too few to do it. Im currently finding people to rely on
for this project. But, Im sure this will be successfull.

> I was thinking of a subscription model such as transgaming.com 5 USD/EUR
> per month from every subscribed user and depending on the amount of money
> sponsor some postgres developers or postgres related projects.

Wow. This is a bit advanced for us. At first we want a non-profit organization
to be planted. We think it is the seed of everything. after that, why not hiring
people in doing some business around PostgreSQL?.. Why/ Why not...??

At this moment, we just want to plant our seed, nothing more. It is already a
huge work, since most of us here have family, children, jobs... Hope you
understand me :-)

Anyway, Thanks a lot for your help proposal, We'll keep you in touch about or
entity etc :)

I think a european organization around PostgreSQL should be based on national
ones. Like the FSF Europe is based on national organizations..

But lets talk about this in the right time, its a bit early.

Cya

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO

Site perso : http://www.argudo.org