Re: Allow change of kerberos service name without recompilation

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Ahlin <dah(at)pdc(dot)kth(dot)se>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allow change of kerberos service name without recompilation
Date: 2004-10-09 03:20:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

No one has ever asked for a kerberos service name different from
"postgres". Unless someone else says this is a useful feature, I
think we are better off leaving our code unchanged.

Kerberos is pretty complicated so adding another configuration options
isn't always a good idea.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us