Re: is it a known issue or just a bug?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is it a known issue or just a bug?
Date: 2004-10-04 19:54:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> It'd be easy enough to put in the anti-flattening defenses (checks (1)
> and (2) in my prior message) but I've got mixed emotions about whether
> this is really a good thing to do. Any opinions out there?

If my opinion wasn't clear, I was suggesting adding a WARNING and not doing
anything about flattening. I can't say that, in 5 years of developing
applications in Postgres, that this has ever been a problem for me personally
-- from my perspective the persons reporting the issue needs to re-code their
query, it's not what sequences were meant for.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions