FunctionCall2 performance

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FunctionCall2 performance
Date: 2004-10-04 16:21:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was comparing the oprofile results of our OLTP workload between
7.5devel and 8.0beta3 test and noticed a new FunctionCall2 in the
8.0beta3 profile that's on the top of the list for PostgreSQL. I
see about an 32% decrease in overall performance. Any suggestions
for determining if FunctionCall2 is really having that kind of an
impact on the test?

Links to results are here:
7.5devel - http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-010/128/
8.0beta3 - http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-010/180/

Unfortunitely, I lost the database parameters for 7.5devel. :(

--
Mark Wong - - markw(at)osdl(dot)org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation