Re: please help - schema in jdbc connection string

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
To: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: please help - schema in jdbc connection string
Date: 2004-09-08 09:29:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 10:51, Paul Thomas wrote:
> On 08/09/2004 01:50 Nanu Ram wrote:
> > Hi:
> >

> > I am sorry of this was already answered earlier (I looked - it was
> > asked, but didn't find the ans.). Has this been implemented?
> >
> > I would like to connect to one of the schema's in my database, something
> > likes this ...
> >

> > jdbc:postgresql://<host>:5432/<db>?schema=<schema1>
> >

> > I am on 7.4.3
>
> You don't connect to schemas, you connect to databases.

I don't think that's the answer hi's looking for. What he needs is setting the
default search_path to <schema> before he can operate on the db, and he
doesn't want to do it programmaticly(which I understand why). I think this is
perfectly valid and makes sence. I made a patch to the JDBC driver to allow
this some time ago, but it was rejected(lack of docs I think). Let me know if
it's of interest.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
Senior Software Developer / Manager