So, would it make sense to do something like a CRC on each record? (was How to determine a database is intact?)

From: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: So, would it make sense to do something like a CRC on each record? (was How to determine a database is intact?)
Date: 2004-09-06 01:16:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Pardon me for this, but it's Monday morning here and I'm in shallow
thinking mode.

I was just looking over Wes's questions about checking database
integrity, and the responses given, and I'm wondering if keeping a live
CRC on each record would make sense? Or is this already done, or maybe
an option? (Not that it would in any way solve Wes's company's current
problem, ...)

--
Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>