Re: pgAccess via ssh?

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAccess via ssh?
Date: 2004-09-02 17:47:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

mike, i have my development db on my actual laptop. however, the pgadmin "login" screen asked for some input... i recall inputting "localhost", "5432" and maybe some other information (actually, this info was defaulted). I'd bet you can configure it so that it did recognize your linux box. maybe "localhost" would have to be changed to the name of your linux box.

i have some some test sql statements that i could e-mail you should you want to peruse them and see if you can figure them out. you can input them into pgadmin (probably pgaccess, but i don't know) and create some tables and then query them.

i'm not sure what all this ssh stuff is about, though. i haven't had to learn about it yet.

Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
Hi Op,

Thanks for your response.
Were you able to use it remotely from a winbox like I am trying to do?
And you were using it to connect to your db by ssh too?

Tell me more.......I want to try this ASAP.

Thanks for the guidance.

Mike