Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =

From: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>,Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =
Date: 2004-08-24 05:25:53
Lists: pgsql-general
> > The following should end up posted as shift-JIS, but
> >
> > テスト
> > and
> > てすと
> >
> > should collate the same under some contexts, since it's more-or-less
> > equivalent to a variation in case.
>
> Do you mean if you search for
>
>    SELECT * FROM keyword where name = 'テスト';
>
> You might expect it to return a row with name set to 'てすと'?

If the locale machinery iw functioning correctly (and if I understand
correctly), there ought to be a setting that would allow those to
collate to the same point.

I'm not sure what the settings would be, or if it's fully funtional yet.
Maybe Tatsuo would know? (Hope he doesn't mind me CC-ing him.)

So, what was the original language and text of the queries you started
this thread with?

--
Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>