Re: Does a 'stable' deferred trigger execution order exist?

From: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does a 'stable' deferred trigger execution order exist?
Date: 2004-08-16 19:28:10
Lists: pgsql-general

> > If during a transaction a number of deferred triggers are fired, what
> > will be their execution order upon the commit?

> Should be alphabetical within each triggering event, IIRC.

Mmm, yes, but are all the deferred triggers on the same event 'grouped'?

What I'm thinking about is something like:

BEGIN;
update foo1; => triggers deferred after insert trigger 'Z'
select bar;
update foo2; => triggers deferred after insert triggers 'B' and 'A'
COMMIT;

Now, will I see an execution order of 'Z-A-B' (on alfabet per event per
statement) or 'A-B-Z' (on alfabet per event per transaction)??

For what I want to accomplish, I don't care about the order of A/B, but
together they depend on the work that is done by the earlier triggered Z.

--
Best,

Frank.