Thousands of parallel connections

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Thousands of parallel connections
Date: 2004-08-16 13:32:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any practical limit on the number of parallel connections that a
PostgreSQL server can service? We're in the process of setting up a system
that will require up to 10000 connections open in parallel. The query load
is not the problem, but we're wondering about the number of connections.
Does anyone have experience with these kinds of numbers?