Re: another small article

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: another small article
Date: 2004-08-14 11:03:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I doubt it. At least if you are referring to the paragraph found at
> http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2004/09/zut/zut.html
> where the Fujitsu sponsoring is mentioned. Fujitsu is not a PL/Java
> sponsor.
>
> I think they sponsor the PostgreSQL JDBC driver and perhaps also the
> PL/J project.

I think they are mixing up two separate facts:

1. Fujitsu is sponsoring some PostgreSQL features that appear in 8.0.
2. Fujitsu is sponsoring some sort of Java extension.

That does not mean, of course, that a Java extension will appear in 8.0
or that, if some Java extension were to appear around the time of 8.0,
it would be the one sponsored by Fujitsu. I can see how it can be
confusing.

--
Peter Eisentraut