Re: another small article

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: another small article
Date: 2004-08-14 19:28:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

> 1. Fujitsu is sponsoring some PostgreSQL features that appear in 8.0.
> 2. Fujitsu is sponsoring some sort of Java extension.
>
> That does not mean, of course, that a Java extension will appear in 8.0
> or that, if some Java extension were to appear around the time of 8.0,
> it would be the one sponsored by Fujitsu.  I can see how it can be
> confusing.

Actually, this is my fault.  When we started planning the FJ story, FJ was
talking to Dave Cramer about sponsoring some sort of major improvements to
PL/J and JDBC.  However, that has been postponed and will not be concurrent
with 8.0, and I did not get my correction to the reporter in time.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions