Re: What we need (Was: Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-08-14 03:04:32
Lists: pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Right now, I think its pretty safe to say that things are looking like the
> release will be *at least* 2 months away .. do we have a TODO list of what
> should be done by then, in preparation?  For instance, you mention below a
> Tutorial, but does one exist right now that can be linked in, or does one
> need to be created?

We have:

                               P O S T G R E S Q L

                          8 . 0  O P E N    I T E M S

Current version at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Changes
-------
* Win32
	o binary version stamps
	o signal safe socket handler
	o query cancel in psql (?)
        o Report correct errno codes from native Windows system calls
	o Shorten timezone for %t log_line_prefix
	o start pg_autovacuum easily
	o fix pitr file copy syntax
* fix dbsize and oid2name for tablespaces
* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* make pgxs install the default
* add xid to log_line_prefix for PITR
* add psql tab completion for tablespaces
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog