New Event

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New Event
Date: 2004-08-10 16:21:58
Lists: pgsql-www

A new entry has been added to the events database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?218

Submitted by: armandoh(at)acm(dot)org
Event: Vanmtagem + Developers 2004 - Lisbon
Vantagem + Developers 2004 - Lisbon International Developers Conference & Seminars will feature 31 Technical Sessions and 7 in-depth 1 day Seminars with a strong emphasis on Dabases and, in particular, OS Databases, amongst which PostgreSQL.

Details:

The Conference Sessions will cover:
- PostgreSQL (Hans-Jurgen Schonig)
- MySQL (David Axmark)
- Firebird (Paul Beach and Artur Anjos)
- SQL and Database Design (Joe Celko)
There will also be covered Database-related issues on what concerns Reverse Engineering and Application Design, as well as rechniques, methods and languages (PHP, Python, Java and .net).

We will present also 1 day seminars on, among other subjects:
- PostgreSQL (Hans-Jurgen Schonig)
- Data Encoding and SQL (Joe Celko)
- Firebird (Artur Anjos)
- MySQL (David Axmark)

Our main purpose is to present development tools and methods in multiplatform context, allowing Developers to gain a better knowledge of development options.

Most of the sessions and seminars will be spoken in English.

Any developer associated with PostgreSQL will be entitled to a discount of 20 % while registering through Share-it by using the discount code \'VDXX041116\'.

Armando Halpern