beta - win32, restore from pg_dump not possible

From: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: beta - win32, restore from pg_dump not possible
Date: 2004-08-10 03:17:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

Testing out beta version of 8.0 on XP Pro. I am trying to use psql to restore a dump of my database (prod. version runs under cygwin).

Whenever I execute psql the password prompt is displayed and skipped right over which results in the command failing. psql.exe mydb < c:\mybackup file is the command I am executing. Even if I use the -U option it still prompts for a password and then automatically jumps to the next step without me having a chance to enter the password.

Mike