Add Missing From?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add Missing From?
Date: 2004-08-08 23:26:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom, Et Al:

Going over the .conf, I just noticed that add_missing_from is still set to
True in postgresql.conf.sample. By my memory of our discussion, this
option was introduced in 7.4 and was to be set to False by default in 8.0.
Can we switch it to False?

BTW, the reason for setting it to false is that it's not SQL-standard and
often leads to "silent failures"; that is, users getting results they don't
expect because they left out a table name.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions