Re: win32 readline

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Mark Kirkwood" <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: win32 readline
Date: 2004-07-22 17:38:09
Lists: pgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Ok, then we're testing completely different things. I'm talking about
> the psql client when running under CMD.EXE, *not* in the msys shell.
> (backslash works fine in the bash shell)

OK, I'll try that later. As an additional data point, running sh.exe
from within cmd.exe also gives a functional readline environment. So
either there are local difficulties with some people, or psql is not
using readline as well as it could. In any case, there is still hope
for readline on Windows.

--
Peter Eisentraut