Release status report

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Release status report
Date: 2004-07-17 00:39:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We are two weeks away from the beta freeze on August 1 so I want to give
a status report on where we are.

Right now we have two large outstanding items, and a few smaller ones.
Nested transactions (NT) is in CVS, but it is missing:

o savepoints
o cursor rollback
o performance fixes

Alvaro has completed the first item and a few more and will probably
submit a mega-patch shortly that can be applied. Tom is working on
cursors and should finish in a day or two. Performance fixes are needed
and will have to be addressed, though we might be adjusting these during
beta as we find them.

PITR has been ready for a while though Simon continues to improve it and
users are continuing to suggest fixes/ideas. I am hopeful we can get
the majority of PITR issues/comments addressed next week while Simon is
available.

The other patches are in-progress and will be applied when the community
concludes requesting changes to each.

So, basically, I think we are on track. It would be nice to get the
majority of NT/PITR work into CVS by next weekend so we can have a week
of polishing before beta.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us