Re: ECPG doesn't return the correct length for an empty

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Hebert, Caroline" <caroline(dot)hebert(at)eds(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG doesn't return the correct length for an empty
Date: 2004-06-27 12:30:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:56:04PM +0100, Hebert, Caroline wrote:
> I understand very well your answer, however, I would like to introduce
> briefly our needs and why we decided to use the "-r no_indicator" with ECPG.

I still think that you are on a risky path by misusing this feature. On
the other hand I see no reason why setting the len to 0 in case of a
NULL could be a problem for ecpg. But please keep in mind that you are
getting NULLs from the DB, not empty varchars, even if they look that
way in C.

I will commit the patch in a few minutes.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De