Re: #postgresql report

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: #postgresql report
Date: 2004-06-15 14:32:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Christopher Kings-Lynne (chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au) wrote:
> In line with my idea of keeping the hackers up to date with stuff in the
> IRC channel, here are the topics of the week:
>
> * We have a request for granting on all tables every other day (already
> in TODO)

Hopefully with options to do it per-schema? Additionally, some way of
defining default permissions for objects would be nice. Both
per-database and per-schema, with the more specific per-schema
overriding, or being in addition to (as long as it's clearly documented
which). Being in addition to might require logic for duplicate
checking, though I'd be mildly suprised if that logic didn't exist
already somewhere else for some reason.

Stephen