Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?
Date: 2004-06-08 17:30:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:44:22PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> This only applies to dev versions, as the library version is bumped each
> release, I believe.

Actually, the library version is not bumped each release --- in fact,
there has been at least one time in the past where the version _should_
have been bumped and it wasn't.

> IOW it's purely a developer's trap (which has caught me in the past).
> If you build and install multiple dev versions you should think about
> disabling rpath.

I do that, and I have rpath enabled (that's the default, isn't it?) but
my solution is to have no version in normal directories (i.e. they are
all installed in $HOME/pgsql/some-version-number/ )

"Crear es tan difícil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)